Following the latest guidance from the Welsh and UK Government, the Swansea University Events & Hospitality team are continuing to work from home whilst we are unable to host events and conferences in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
If you are planning a meeting that is essential and cannot take place online, please get in touch with the team for more information and guidance.
The health and safety of our clients, delegates, event professionals and members of staff remains our top priority.
We have put together some helpful FAQ’s to help if you’re looking a hosting meetings or events at Swansea University
- What is classed as a ‘business critical’ meeting?
We have been hosting meetings on campus for internal staff in line with government guidance. If you are planning an essential meeting that cannot take place online, which includes a site visit, or issuing equipment to delegates, we may be able to offer space on campus. Enquiries will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, contact the team to discuss your enquiry further.
2. What information will be required for a meeting to take place on campus?
Currently we require the following information for a meeting to take place on campus:
- The programme of your meeting
- A risk assessment, including ensuring Covid-19 regulations are considered. E.g., ensuring all attendees wear face coverings where appropriate and ensuring that 2 metre social distancing regulations are adhered to
- Understanding that room layouts are fixed and set up to adhere to social distancing guidelines
Please note, it is the organiser’s responsibility to ensure that attendee’s details are registered for track and trace purposes.
The latest Welsh Government guidance can he found here:
3. Is the Event Services Office still open and taking enquires?
In short, yes! The team are all currently working from home and are taking enquiries for 2021 onwards on a provisional basis. Get in touch with the team by completing the enquiry form below and they will be more than happy to help!
4. I have a booking for 2021, can it still go ahead?
We are reviewing all bookings in line with the evolving public health and government guidance. We plan to contact event organisers at least 6 weeks prior to their event date to discuss your booking and offer the following:
- Confirm if your booking can go ahead in its current form, subject to it complying with government guidelines
- Discuss reducing your booking numbers if required in line with reduced classroom capacities and government guidance
- Discuss moving your booking to a later date in 2021 and honouring your agreed rates
- Discuss cancelling your booking if required, with a full refund
5. Can i move my booking to 2022?
Yes, we can hold a provisional date for you. This will currently be at our 2022 rates until we have a clearer picture on what events we can host on campus in 2021
6. Am I able to visit the campus for a site visit currently?
We are not currently offering site visit of our campuses. We hope to be able to offer this service early in 2021. In the meantime, the team can send over images of key event spaces in different set ups and campus maps.
We continue to monitor the evolving public health guidance and latest government guidance on events and conferences. In the meantime, our team are still here (whilst working from home) to take your enquiries and assist with any queries. Contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our enquiry form found at the bottom of this page.
To stay up-to-date with the latest information, please sign up to our newsletter.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Stay safe.
The Swansea University Events & Hospitality Team