Swansea University Hosts 57th Corrosion Science Symposium
Swansea University played host last month to the 57th Corrosion Science Symposium on our Bay Campus.
Our state-of-the-art School of Management Building provided the backdrop for this important conference which took place over two days and aimed to facilitate the cross fertilisation of novel works in all areas of corrosion science and its associated application.
The event involved talks, networking and poster presentations and explored a plethora of topics including:
- Smart release of benzotriazole from ion exchange pigments on hot-dip galv
- Development of Electrochemically Coupled High Speed Atomic Force Microscopy for Corrosion Science
- Elucidating the performance of N-containing corrosion inhibitors
- Understanding the Erosion-Corrosion Behaviour of Different Types of Stainless Steels in a CO2-Saturated Oilfield Environment
- An assessment of pitting corrosion on X65 carbon steel in oil and gas environment
- SCC Initiation Studies of Ni-based Alloys in H2 Steam Environments
During the two day conference event delegates from across the UK stayed on campus in our convenient on-site B&B accommodation and made the most of the wide range of facilities available to guests to our beautiful beachfront campus.
You can find out more about Swansea University’s Materials Research Centre who organised the conference here.